Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Curtains and knitting!

Scarf for my little man for his first day of school - knit 5 pearl 5 - as for the letter, don't ask, it was trial and error!!!

The wool is from a cool shop in Naas called Treasure;
tel 045 843527, just beside AIB - and for those of you like me that can only do Plain and Pearl, there are knitting classes and groups you can join - give it a go! 


The curtain on the left (hung for photographic purposes) is one of a pair I made for my sister's (due very soon) baby! I made it from IKEA fabric and its so easy and cheap its ridiculous! 2 big pieces of the same size (fabric and lining) , stitch together with a hem, loop at the top and stick the pole through it - its really that simple! No gathering, pleating, or fuss!

And I'm not being sarcastic - it really WAS that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment